Every couple of years we revisit our Constitution and By-laws to determine if any changes need to be made in order to keep up with the way our organization works. The only major proposed change is to eliminate the Education Committee since the NNA board already has an official seat on the Neighbors Investing in Childs Elementary (NICE) board. Most of the other changes are minor, but we're always looking for feedback. We'll be presenting these proposed changes at our March meeting (March 22nd, 2016) and having an official vote at our April meeting (April 26th, 2016). Please come out and voice yuor thoughts about your local civic!
Our current by-laws: /media/10074/nnabylaws-december2013.pdf
Our proposed by-law changes in Microsoft Word format: /media/15714/nnabylaws-jan2016_amended.docx
Proposed By-law Changes
- Members who live outside service area cannot be committee chairs or vote in general meetings
- Changing "12 committee chairpersons" to "2 cochairs per committee"
- “coordinate w/ organizations that have similar educational focus” moved from Education committee to Outreach committee
- Absolve Education Committee
- Webmaster changed to “Technology Committee”
- Change “fiscal year” to “calendar year”
- All other roles of Education Committee are eliminated